Two new beds have been assembled, filled with compost, and planted with garlic seed.
Here’s the process from the beginning.
- Purchase garlic from School House Market in 2009.
- Plant garlic in October of 2009.
- Collect old oak fence boards from the horse farm.
- Store old oak fence boards for later use.
- Harvest garlics in July 2010.
- Dry garlics, eat garlics, sell garlics, press garlic on chicken,
- Buy two other varieties of unknown hard neck garlics from School House Market in October 2010.
- Shovel two loads of compost into the pickup truck and two loads out of the pickup truck.
- Get out old oak fence boards, cut to length, and fasten together with screws.
- Turn over the sod with a shovel and cover with newspaper.
- Fill frames with compost.
- Smack ankle with hammer while pounding in a metal stake to keep the frame from bellying.
- Make a plywood template for spacing.
- Mark planting points with lime.
- Use dibble to make holes.
- Drop in garlic seed and cover.
- Wait for 10 months … expectantly.